Thursday, October 6, 2011

Math Work Stations-My New Obsession!

 It's been a long time.  With school starting, it has taken up a lot of my free time.  I hope to get better at this blog thing.  I love to share new ideas with others to help make everyone's job easier.  My new obsession is with Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations.  One of our focuses this year is to make and implement work stations for part of our Math Workshop time so that we can work with small groups of students.  These work stations should be modeled before allowing students to work in them so that you will not have a lot of questions.  I have collected many activities from other websites and blogs that I have made for the "work station" time of day.  It is a 20-30 minute time period (or what your students can handle).  
During this time, I am working with a small group--sometimes a remediation, or re-teaching group, or sometimes an enrichment group.  As I find activities that I use in my work stations, I will share with you--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews