Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Units of Study-Lucy Calkins-Writing

Yes!  I am back. I can't give this blog up yet.  I am determined to post things on a more regular basis.

In my county, we use the Units of Study-Lucy Calkins to deliver our Reading and Writing instruction.  We have been trained for countless hours by the experts involved in the TCRWP.  I have found some awesome detailed plans for those just started out which correlate with the Common Core Standards and they are free!  I LIKE FREE!!!


Grade 2 Units of Study Writing Units and Resources

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/curriculum/2073.htm

Here are the Units and order that we use.

Unit 1: Launching the Workshop
Unit 2: Authors as Mentors (not included on website)
Unit 3: Character Stories (not included on website)
Unit 4: Informational-All About
Unit 5: Informational-How to, Letter Writing
Unit 6: Informational Writing-Research

Exemplar Pieces to go along with our Units (I use these to pull up on my Smartboard):

http://readingandwritingproject.com/resources/student-writing/second-grade.html

(You can now get to these by using the CD that is included with the Units of Study Writing Kits or sign-up online at TRWP (for free) and you will have access to limited amount of resources.)

Included are exemplar pieces for K-Middle School.

That's all for now!

5 comments:

  1. My school is implementing the Writing Units of Study this year. Even though you posted this last year. It was a great help. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy has made some changes. Is there a new version of her writing curriculum?

    I appreciate any information that you have.
    Thank you,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for a way to simplify the Calkins unit? Try my Second Grade lesson plans for the narrative, informative and (soon) opinion writing units at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lucy-Calkins-Narrative-Writing-Lesson-Plans-for-Grade-2-1332727

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not find the units of study on the website you provided

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not find the units of study on the website you provided

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews